In our final episode of our 2021 policy series, we discussed Green Party Policy in relation to transport carbon and policies to reduce these emissions. The transport sector produces a lot of greenhouse gas emissions, and our plehtora of policies around this issue work to create the systems change that alliviate those emissions. Things like less travel and transport, electrification, carbon tax, road pricing, targeted regulation, localisation, circular economy weave together the solutions our policies work to create.
In this episode, our spokesperson for Transport, Caroline Russel joins Climate Policy Working Group members David Flint, Tony Firkins, councillor Joanna Wright, Professor John Whitelegg and Transport Policy Working Group member, Alan Francis to discuss our policies and how they link together to create systems change.
WANT CAN YOU DO?
- If you want to sign up to the Climate Emergency or Transport policy working groups there’s email addresses in the chat for the convenors
- Transport: email@example.com
- Climate Emergency DavidCFlint@gmail.com
- There’s a fringe at conference on Saturday from 5.30-7.00pm Getting transport to zero carbon – where policy meets practice
- If you are not a member, become one, if joining is a step too far you can always become a friend and support the party and its policies that way!